Hoop Cell operators prepare raw materials for LSG hoop fabrication, including cutting, punching, and forming tube steel through the use of both automated and semi-automated power equipment. Occasional light welding may also be required for qualified personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cut tube steel to required lengths using band saw or other power equipment
- Operate punch press with tooling to pierce holes in tube ends
- Operate robotic welder
- Assist in loading and unloading of products and other general warehouse functions
- Collaborate with other related departments to ensure adequate parts inventories and smooth flow of product
- Provide team and leadership skills
- Package products using proper materials to safely ship to customers
- General carpentry duties related to packaging and crating of products
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to operate metal cutting and forming equipment such as a band saw, tube bender, punch press, and other steel manufacturing tools is required.
- Skill in reading and interpreting fabrication drawings and material cutting lists is required, as well as skill in reading and interpreting work orders, time cards, shipping reports and other job related functions.
- Previous experience in metal fabrication is beneficial
- Previous experience operating a forklift
- Previous experience in welding
- Must be able to lift and walk with loads up to 150 lbs. with the assistance of at least one other production employee as needed.
- Production employee must be able to stand on feet for the entire duration of the scheduled shift.